Friday, February 20, 2009

From frugality to mass spending

It was an eventful day today in the Boiling Point world of finance.

A couple of weeks ago, I purchased some in-ear monitors for my brother (drummer Scott) so he could hear better. Normally, and more so recently, I am generally pretty frugal. So imagine my surprise when I got a call from American Express questioning a recent purchase. Apparently, I had just bought a computer valued at over a thousand dollars. I am quite certain that the company that I bought the in-ears probably used the number on my credit card for the shady purchase. While I am not happy about this I'm hoping things won't get any worse (ie - someone getting another credit card in my name and buying a lot of crazy stuff with it).

Anyway, a very special thank you to American Express for catching the bad people and not making me pay over a thousand dollars for something I never wanted or bought.Here's to you American Express -- beacon of goodness and catcher of fraudulent spending...

No comments:

Post a Comment